On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 21:10, Sina Ahmadian wrote:
> After searching almost all the net for a persian list of countries, I didn't
> find anything! Some websites use the english country list while others leave
> the users free to enter their country name. I remember I've seen a persian
> country list somewhere online, but don't know exactly where!
> Please reply if you have such a list or know where I can find it.

Hmm, lemme see... This is what the countries are called in Iran:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/lx/en/utf-8/?_=fa_IR&SHOWCountries=1#Countries

And this is for Afghanistan:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/lx/en/utf-8/?_=fa_AF&SHOWCountries=1#Countries

(For some reason, the list of Afghan names are not complete. Use the
Iranian ones if one is lacking.)

Please tell me if you found any errors, as this is becoming widely
deployed, specially in IBM and Apple software.

roozbeh