Hello, can I ask some advice?

I’m trying to work out how to get MIDI controller information into
Faust — specifically FaustLive at the moment.  I know that there’s
automatic support for converting MIDI note messages into the
‘gate’ ‘gain’ and ‘freq’ UI elements .  But I’m trying to
map MIDI knobs on my control surface to vsliders, so I can tweak
values while I listen.

I’ve been digging through various documentation sources on Faust.
I thought that somwhere I saw a reference to getting generic MIDI
knob controller values by putting [midi:*] metadata in UI element
labels.  Was I dreaming that?  I can’t find it now.  The OSC
documentation for Faust is quite complete, but I’ve found hardly
anything about MIDI.  (And I don’t have any OSC hardware. =)  Is
there some standard mapping from MIDI to OSC that people use for this?

Thanks,
-mykle-