Hi Stephane,
Sorry, it's 10ms to update a parameter... math error on my part.

As I said, it takes about 30 seconds to update a Faust jack client with
3136 (=49*64) parameters, which is roughly 10 ms per parameter.  This was
with jack, the jack client written in Faust, and the Python script
performing the update, all running on my MacBook Pro.  There are two
versions of the Python, one that opens a new connection for each update and
one that keeps the connection open; the timing for both is the same.  I
also tried it with jack and the Faust jaxk client running on a RPi4 and the
Python running on my MBP, with the same ~10ms/update result.

The 49x64 parameter matrix corresponds to playing sixth-order ambisonics
over a 64 speaker array, which is the situation at the Stage at CCRMA.  The
decoder has two matrices, high and low frequencies, so about a minute to
update.  I'm looking for a solution that would be at least 10x faster.

Thanks...

Aaron