Eric Auer wrote:

Hi Aitor,
you did not get the point...
when you zip 100 files that are the same, the zip will be
100 times some size. However, when you use an UNCOMPRESSED
zip, then the file will basically contain 100 times the same
data structure. TAR is in principle the same as an uncompressed
zip, but it is more UNIX while zip is more DOS.

Yes, I knew this. However, we are talking about the resident size it will take in your harddriver after it has been installed.
I am not trying to discuss the reduced/full issue.

Aitor