On 21/03/07, Nicu Buculei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Martin Sourada wrote:
> So what about making an Echo cursor theme?

I don't think anyone would oppose such a project. Start a cursor theme
and if it will look better then probably it will be used.

Over lunch, I have done some quick paper sketches which I shall upload
to my page this evening.

A cursor theme has a relatively small number of images, so the quantity
is not the main problem, the main problem is optimizing the images for
small size display.

The arrow in the icon that Martin referenced suits this anyway. My
idea may need some development but it's a little more graphically
inteesting than that large white arrow.

And my two cents: usually the mouse cursor is shown over a light
background, so I think a dark theme make sense as the default.

+1.
An inverted outline could be used as well.

--
      ..// seawolf //..
         Ben  Arnold

   fedora core  :  artwork