On 10/14/2009 11:35 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

Global indexing introduces legal issues, disk space requirements and CPU
requirements that extend beyond F11...

Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but what is the significance of how many files
your emails are stored in? Separating them out provides some sort of
security advantage?

Legally speaking, it is important, if I am ever called into court, to be able to show a distinct separation between my personal email and my NDA-heavy Red Hat email. And, bboth of which must be separate from my micro-micro-corporation.

If one does not demonstrate intent at creating "walls" separating legal entities, it becomes a whole lot easier for a GarzikMicroCorp-related lawsuit to subpoena my personal and Red Hat email.

Separation of data is basic legal CYA.

        Jeff