Mike Cloaked wrote:
I wonder if anyone is able to point me to information on how to use a laptop
running F10, that is away from usual wired or wifi connections, but where a
cellphone is available running WM6 that does have an internet connection
through the phone's isp, and is bluetooth capable?
I presume that bluetooth pairing is the first step - and then somehow the
phone's internet access should be connected to the laptop - possibly
NetworkManager can handle this?
I have never tried this but I would like to know the steps needed to get
this to work - as I am trying to help someone who has a need to be away from
usual internet access where the phone can run its own browser, and the
laptop could in principle communicate with it. Using the laptop would be a
lot more user friendly than using the phone - and of course the laptop is
running F10 with the Gnome desktop fully up to date.
Any pointers gratefully received.
I found a link that sorta describes this, but uses the USB instead of
bluetooth:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340747
Carrying a USB cable in the laptop bag shouldn't be a huge problem.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer [email protected] -
- AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
- -
- Is that a buffer overflow or are you just happy to see me? -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
fedora-list mailing list
[email protected]
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines