Jonathan Roberts wrote:
Hey Jack,

After a quick bit of mailing list searching, found record of the
news.fp.o going back to at least march 2008
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00207.html).
It goes back before that, but I've not kept looking.

Me and Rahul both worked quite hard at sorting it out, along with
Frank Chiulli and Bret M, but it never managed to quite make it. The
goals, at least for what I was working towards, were very similar to
what you're trying to do with foobar...
A couple of quick thoughts. Rahul, I looked at the links which you have me for news.opensuse and ubuntu fridge. I don't think that our goals deviate too much as part of the purpose of foobar is to build a better fedora weekly news, both in content and distribution, but also to augment it with additional content.

That being said, Jon mentioned that the goals were very similar and as per the thread you linked me to they seem to be. Given that the activity on that has waned over the last year, all things considered, can we discuss maybe merging these two vision under the foobar banner? I'm just curious if you guys think it will work.

The time is ripe, we have many good ideas, we have vision, many of our guys are back on the radar, and enough so that I think we can honestly pull something like this off with a little bit of work in a fairly decent (3-4 month) time span and have it be very visually pleasing to boot. From there we can go in any number of different directions regarding who makes what types of content and how often.

Thoughts?

Jack