Well, Killian defineltly had a needle on the right side of her throat BUT it could very well be that she had blood drawn from that area because I know that she had bloodwork done.  The area is shaved!  I will have to ask my husband when he gets home if she had her Vitamin B shot there or blood drawn from there.  Does it make a difference?
Killian is back to her normal self and hasn't had any antibiotics yet.  She was prescribed the refridgerated kind, the name starts with a C.  Do you think she still needs it as a preventative measure?  I don't know if she still has a fever but she is acting completely normal.  Should I call and ask the vet if it is still necessary?  It is suppose to be given to her twice a day.
My last question may be a stupid one but I have to ask!  I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, but just to be sure - Can I catch anything from Killian?  Even if she just has upper respiratory or flu?  I'm pregnant and when I lay on my side Killian likes to snuggle up to my belly.  I just want to be absolutely sure that this is ok.  Thanks for you help everyone!
Kathy

Cherie A Gabbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kathy,
Is there any bleeding that you can see? Anywhere? Is she back in her normal routine? I live by Baytrill for an antibiotic, the fridge stuff never seems to work for me...
Cherie

Kathy Koutsis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I haven't posted on here in quite a while but have been following everyone's posts daily.  As you may remember I have a felv+ 11 year old cat named Killian.  This morning after I left for work my husband said that she was not in her usual position begging for her treats.  He shook the can of treats and still no Killian.  He looked all over and found her in a box of clothes, very unlike her.  That is not in her morning routine.  She was very sluggish coming out and was not interested in treats.  My husband took her to the vet.  Well it turned out she had a slight fever, vet thought she might have upper resp. infection.  He gave her a shot of vitamin B ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HER THROAT!!!! Isn't that a no-no for felv kitties?  Aren't they suppose to only be given shots in the legs?  The vet knows she is positive.  My husband doesn't read and research these things like I do so was totally clueless.
The vet gave my husband some antibiotics to give her every evening.  It's suppose to be refridgerated.  But of course my husband did not put it in the fridge!  So we didn't give her any!  So frustrated.  Killian is acting totally normal now.  She is running around and begging for treats.  Will she be ok without today's antibiotics? Now I have to go to the vet and get some more.  What about the shot in the throat?  Any input or advice would be great.  Thanks!
Kathy