Kyle,

Nina, are you sure you really have a way to keep the unused sterile? I'd be
really worried about that.

No, it is a risk, but when I was considering using the "left-over" before, I had two worries, the sterilization factor, and I wasn't sure if the interferon would break down and become either useless, or worse, somehow harmful to them. I'm pleased because from what you found out, it seems there is only one worry! :)

Your crack about the Great Dane dosage made me smile.  I know that one of the
uses for Feline Interferon for dogs is in the treatment of Parvo, since puppies
are the ones that usually are treated for Parvo, I guess it would only cost 1
grand.

It is heartbreaking that something with so much potential should be so hard to
procure and pay for.

Nina

Melbeach wrote:

Well the Product Information says 1 MU/kg body weight. So the 5 MU vial would
be for a 5 kg cat, which is exactly 11 lbs (5 x 2.2) on the money. So Lucy is
exactomundo with 1 vial! Then Jazz is 4.05 kg, so say 80% of the vial. Then
Grace is 3.09 kg, so say 60% of the vial. I guess your vet is saying what the
hell, if we got it let's use it.

For dogs, it's 2.5 MU/kg. So a great dane costs what, 10 grand to inject?

Nina, are you sure you really have a way to keep the unused sterile? I'd be
really worried about that.

-Kyle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>