I can't really help you with the lab result confusion, but as far as knowing something's wrong... Cherie's right, you would know if something's "off" with Uh-oh-oh. We're paranoid because we've learned we have reason to be concerned. That being said, just because she's feeling off doesn't necessarily mean it's something that she won't just recover from. There are times when I become concerned about someone's behavior and then I realize my negs are acting the same way. Keep a close eye on her, and try to breathe.
Nina

Hideyo Yamamoto wrote:

What is the likelihood of false negative on ELISA tests if it came back three times as negatives for the period of a couple of months?

I am trying to figure out what’s going on with Uh-oh-oh. One important information that I found out from my holistic vet was that – it’s almost 99% of the time, if not 100%, the value of HGB on the lab test is 1/3 of his/her HCT level – meaning that HCT level is three times as much as HGB no matter what a condition of animal is – and Uh-oh-oh’s HGB was only 1/6 of his HCT level – and his conclusion was that something was definitely wrong with the lab result itself – it just does not happen that way. He also said MCHC (?) is never never go higher than the normal range –

So, I took a look at all the blood work results of all of my 50 plus cats and 4 dogs I have done during the past 10 years or so, which collected to almost 100 of them (as I did multiple tests for some cats) – and he is right, 100 % of the time, all of their HGB level is, if not exactly 1/3, very very close to 1/3 of their HCT level. So, I am going to have Uh-oh-oh’s CBC re-checked so that I can narrow it down or eliminate, and focus on what’s really going on with Uh-oh-oh.

He is playing and eating, but I just know that he is not 100%, and can’t figure it out why (probably other people wouldn’t even notice) – he just seem a bit weak – we did FeLV tests on him three times now since I got him in January 1, 2005. They are all negative. But I also know that, some times it could show on negative on blood work, but may show positive on bone marrow – and was just curious what the likelihood of that – or am I too paranoid??

Thank you for you input