From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of tamara stickler
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:17 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: Wisconsin cat hunting: bad and good news!

Nah, you're not a "dumb Brit" your just too intellectual to understand it.

In the states, hunters often wear orange vests so as not to shoot each other.  You see, the hunter is a often a beer guzzling good ol' boy who after consuming enough alcohol to kill a rhino will wander into the woods...or any tree laden area with a loaded weapon and shoot at anything that moves....cars....domestic pets...the occasional tv screen as seen from the window of a family room....each other.  The vests are supposed to be orange flags, as it were to alert them that perhaps the verticle moving figure they are lining up in their sites...just might NOT be a deer.  Doesn't always work tho...

In the states, hunters have been aquitted of killing: just for example: a mother walking her kids to the bus stop....she was wearing a brown coat, white hat and white gloves...the hunter thought the white hat and gloves were the rear end of a deer and plugged her in the forehead infront of a crowd of elementry school children waiting for the bus.  It was ruled that because of what she was wearing...the shoot could be deemed justified and the charges were dropped.

My parents' 15lb poodle was "mistaken" for a deer, and one idiot even shot at me through the sliding glass doors when I was 12 - but it was my fault you see, I was sitting in my family room watching tv...and...my hair's brown...so it was an honest mistake...luckily he missed me by 1/4".

Oh and did I mention that some hunters start as young as 8 & 9 years old.  Be thankful for that big "pond" between us and you!

What does that mean (I'm a dumb Brit)