It breaks my heart to think of any of these guys will be euthanized if they can’t find a home within such a short time frame –

I myself have about 55 cats at my premises, so it will be very difficult adopt more myself – but I would like to help in anyway I can – could you tell me where you (and these kitties) are located at?

Good luck and I am praying for safety and wellbeing of all of these kitties.

Hideyo

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:10 AM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Hello everyone, long time since I've been here

Hi everyone, some of you may remember me from back in 2001-2002, I had a FELV+ kitty named Moogie who died in April 2002.

I had a different email address back then. Anyways, it's me and I'm back. No, none of my other cats have FELV, but I just offered to foster FOUR FELV+ cats (which means I'll probably have them for the rest of their lives, because we all know how hard it is to place these guys) from a cat rescue that is being shut down, called Cat Camp. They also need to place 30 feral cats, 50 healthy adoptable cats, and 6 FIV+ cats, or everyone will be euthanised next week. If anyone can take a FIV+ cat (or any cat, for that matter), please email this person for more info: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (she is screening the potential new homes for the Cat Camp Foundation, tell her Jenn, the lady that offered to take the FELV+ cats, sent you).

SO, I may have four new FELV+ kitties coming to live with me soon! So, I joined back up, hoping to hear of any new (and less expensive) treatments since I left the list back in 2002. I do not THINK any of these cats are actively ill, only carriers at this point. I can easily get Interferon from my vet, but is that still the most common home treatment you guys are using these days?

I also now have a special needs cat website, so if you guys know of any good webpages that need to be added, please let me know. It's al http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html (the main website is wild cat conservation and rescue: http://ucat.us)

Nice to see everyone again (and meet the new people, though I wish none of you had the need to be here, of course)!

Jenn

(If we still have more than one Jenn, feel free to call me UCAT-Jenn, or Jenn2 or Jenn3 or whatever works to reduce confusion.)

PS: Oh, and I'm on a LOT of cat rescue and special needs email lists right now, so if I am very slow to reply, it's just that I am buried in email! (but I can probably help you with anything concerning special needs cats!)

I collect KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil, a 3 yr old special needs cat who must live on a liquid diet for the rest of his life.
Bazil's caretaker collects labels and sends them to KMR, where they add up until she earns a free can of formula!
PLEASE save your KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil!

If you use KMR, even just one can, please ask me for the mailing address you can send them to, to help feed Bazil!