No, it's not the candy. It's an herb, that you get either dry or as a liquid extract, like other herbal remedies. Health food stores have it. Think I ordered it online.

Gloria

I can just see that dribbling all over Gypsy's chin! Is it black like licorice? Gypsy is such a brat when it comes to medication. I haven't even tried to pill her, the thought fills me with dread. I have everything she's taking, (Met, Pred, Baytril, Nausea med), in liquid and syringe it into her. It takes forever to get a cc and a half down her throat. She growls with her ears back, grits her teeth, and looks at me with fire in her eyes. She'll hold each little squirt in her mouth until she starts to salivate, refusing with all her will to swallow as I stroke her throat. I'm telling you she's such a trial. I guess I should be glad she's as stubborn as she is, I can't imagine her surviving this long with out the trait.
Nina

Gloria B. Lane wrote:

I think Licorice ( herbal liquid from health food store, not candy) can have a natural cortisone effect...

 Gloria