Don't lose hope, I'll tell you a story about Frankie, he was positive and had such a bad URI he was sick for over a week before I took him in for antibiotics. This was many years ago before I knew nearly as much as I do now, and in fact we didn't find out he was positive until this episode, he got sick every year and I finally let my vet test him, fully believing he would be negative since all of my guys were indoor only. He tested positive, and this is where my saga with FeLV began.

He was so sick my vet wanted to put him to sleep when he tested positive, she said he wouldn't recover. In my mind he had a cold and that wasn't a reason to euthanize not to mention he was my baby, a big momma's boy. So I told her to give me antibiotics and took him home. He didn't eat very good but I kept bugging him and I didn't have a computer or know about syringe feeding so I would just put food in front of him constantly and he would eat a little but he didn't eat much and he was very sick. His poor little nose was all snotty and I know he couldn't smell anything. Thankfully he ate enough to not get HL, but he had this URI for over 5 weeks before it cleared up, he was on antiobiotics for over 3 weeks. He looked awful BUT he did recover and lived 3 more years before anemia took him.

I will tell you I spoiled him so rotten and I know that had a lot to do with his recovery, he was the biggest baby (until my Joey, also a siamese mix), and from that experience alone, I know love and psoitive thinking can work miracles, I was too niave and uneducated about FeLV to believe my vet thank God!!

--
Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com