From: Cherie A Gabbert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:39 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Please read this response!! URGENT:DO NOT USE-KittyKind -CATRESCUE-in Orange, NJ]

Good thought, how about a metal health facility to be evaluated for 60 days, that is a lighter sentence and she will still feel the repercussions of her actions.

Joan Doljan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't know if she should serve jail time, but I agree that she should NOT work with animals. I think a mental health expert needs to evaluate the best course of action to treat her.

Joan
Cherie A Gabbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the reason for jail time would be to isolate her from the animal community, she might have done more harm than good and the act of putting dead animals one after another in garbage bags is diplorable. Think about how long it takes for an animal to pass, and then consider the amount of dead animals she had, and if they all passed within a short time of each other, then the other question is what killed them all so close together.

I do not think she is sane enough to be allowed to work anywhere near animals.

Put kids in place of the animals and think about it that way, would you want her not going to jail, but instead working with other kids?
Cherie

tamara stickler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I agree with Tad.  Punishment does very little to solve the problem...helping her to find another solution...would seem more reasonable.  But I'd go a step farther, she would work at the shelter, but not handle money  or be a major decision maker...she needs to learn, not lead at this point.  Plus, a little psycological help is prob. needed tooT

Cherie A Gabbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is being to kind, she needs to be put in jail and given her just deserts, how would you feel if she had sick and healthy kids in one room, and their bodies in the back yard in bags because she could not afford creamation.....animals and kids need us more than any one else, they can not defend themselves, they need our guidance and they trust us to give it to them.
Cherie

Tad Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am going to agree with Mia...If you believe in "Its the thought that
counts" I believe the woman wanted to save the cats...However "You can't
save them all"...Some people have a hard time understanding this....And
most people don't have any idea how many cats are PTS every day becouse
there is no body to care for them...
The woman does need some help...guidance of one sort or another...
Instead of spending the thousands of dollars that it would cost to put
her in jail maybe we could use her knowledge to run a large no kill
shelter with some funding to pay for disposal and food etc and sentance
her to stay there an put in a days work..If it should turn out that she
enjoys that work than so be it but doesn't that make more sense than
just locking her up....

Tad

Have a purrfect day
Cherie