Marlene,
I'm so sorry Digby's time had come. Thank you for allowing us to be such an intimate part of your family's sorrow. I know how hard a post like this is to make. I hope you can take some small comfort in knowing that allowing others to share in your experience might just help them to recognize the "signs" when their angel's time comes. It hadn't occurred to me how useful an autopsy examination might be for research purposes, I will certainly speak to my vets about this. Just think, you and Digby may have opened the door to new possibilities for fighting this horrid disease. I knew you were a loving mom and tireless caregiver to Digby and Pekoe, but you've shown yourself to be a compassionate humanitarian as well. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Don't forget to eat and try to get some rest.
Much love,
Nina