Hi,

Finally I have the news about Jersey.

The vet said that the problem with the kidneys is due to FIV which is a relatively new disease.

She prescribed me some medications and suggested a blood transfusion (it is 100$, I expected 5-6 hundred)

She gave me: Interferon Alpha, Clavamox, Cyproheptadine, Prednisoline

The results from the IVP are:

WBC: 17.00

Ne: 13.47 up

Ly: 2.53

Mo:0.76

Eo: 0.23

Ba: 0.01

RBC: 2.54

Hgb: 3.3

PCV: 10.5 down arrow

MCV: 41.5

MCH: 13

MCHC: 31.4

Platelets: 42.000 down

BUN: 33

Creat: 0.8

Phos: 3.9

ALT: 35

Alkp: 22

Tbili: 2.9 up

Glu 83

Amyl: 2444 up

TP: 9.1 up

Alb: 1.5 down

Glob: 7.6 up

Chol: 144

Ca: 7.4 down

Ck: 266 up

Na: 148

K 3.1 down

Cl 126

So, according to her the problem with the beg legs is not CRF but the tissues themselves (FIV probably) The man who is doing ultrasound is on vacation.

Keep you in touch

Stan

The result from the