Effie loved her kitty heating pad and I ordered it from one of the pet supply places.  It is lightly warm and she was comfortable for hours.
Do you suppose she has one at the Bridge?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: emergency advice on starved cat needed

Thanks, I gave her a very small kitten litter pan, but you are right, she still hurts when she gets into it (it has 3 inch tall sides). I was thinking I needed something shallower, and you are right, I DO have a 9x11 Pyrex baking pan that would be ideal! Thanks for reminding me!

She seems the most comfortable if she is on a heating pad. I have one of those microwavable ones (with the soft gel inside), but it gets cold after a couple of hours, and then I have to move her a little to get it out and re-heat it. Does anyone know of a brand of electric heating pad that does not get too hot, but just warm? It's been my experience that most electric heating pads get too hot to lay on for extended periods, and I'm not sure she CAN get up on her own if it gets too hot. Brenda, the Sphynx rescue lady I help out even had a kitten DIE from being left on a heating pad, so I'm being very cautious.

Hi, To help her not to move very much and not to step very high you may
want to try the following: For a "Litter Pan" that is easy to use take
apart a carrier, using the bottom part put a large "Pyrex" pan filled
with litter in it. The reason for this is using the bottom of the
carrier with cut down on the litter being kicker all over the place. And
the reason for the "Pyrex" pan is due to its weight  it will not be
tipped over and also it is so easy to disinfect.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.