Here's the link Nina sent to me. ALL kinds of financial help for pets:

I, too, am thinking blockage... not something anything should have to endure, REALLY horrible way to die, almost always fatal within days, if not hours, once they get 100% blocked. He needs to go to a vet. Very common problem in male cats these days, sadly. Sometimes they can use a catheter to open the blockage, but sometimes it requires surgery to correct permanently. Has she turned him over and really looked hard at his pee-pee? It may be an infection, if that's the case, he may look obviously reddened around his penile area. She can try gently massaging it a little with clean fingers, judge his reaction, most any cat will struggle and try to get away, but if he blows a gasket and freaks out and screams in pain, that's a likely sign he needs vet care for some kind of urinary problem. Also, see if she can lock him in a room with bare floors, and put down just a white sheet or towel for him to pee on. That way, she'll be able to see if there's any blood in his urine.