Unless you are going to do anything differently depending on the test result – I would also suggest that you wait to test –it’s just stressful for them, and, it’s more for our satisfaction purpose than for their own benefit sometimes if you know what I mean –

I took Ginger for re-testing a few months ago,  because she was doing so well and I had a feeling that she is not positive anymore – and she was – but she was so stressed out from the vet visit and took a while for her to get back in normal –

I personally think that a good time to do testing (not necessary the virus testing, but complete body function testing) is when they are not well – then at least you can find out what’s wrong or what you can do to help them feel better.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of catatonya
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:04 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Pekoe - Check Up & Blood Work

I personally wouldn't bother testing anymore.  At least not anytime real soon.  I hope Pekoe continues to do well!

tonya

Marlene Chornie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Group,

    First of all, I want to thank all of you for your sympathies expressed when we lost Digby last month.  It meant a great deal to us.  Digby "came home" last Friday, which seems to help in the grieving process.

    We're taking Pekoe to the vet tomorrow just for a check-up and some "baseline" blood work.  He had blood work done back in Feb. when he had the bout with Hemobart and tested FelV+.

    I'm still a little "confused" by everything I've read about FelV.  Pekoe was approx. 15 - 16 mos. old when he tested positive - both the ELISA test and the confirmatory IFA test.  Right now, he's appears healthier than before the Hemobart.  My question is, would there be any point to having him retested (ELISA and/or IFA)?  Am I correct in that if he tested positive on the IFA, then he's always going to be positive?  I'm not thinking that he may be negative now, but just wondered if he should be retested (for whatever reason)?

Thanks all,

Marlene