Yes, I have done that. He also is Hyper-T was on meds for that.
I'm surprised that he has made it this far. He was in such poor shape when I got him that my Vets ask me if I was sure about this. I forgot to mention too, all his teeth were bad and if we would have put him in surgery to have then removed he wouldn't survived. His system is failing due to neglect prior to me getting him.
I wanted him to know that he was loved and cared for by us til the end regardless of how much time he had left.