I think that is the dose that Patches gets. It's been so long that I've been doing it and I go by the unit marks on the syringes, that I have forgotten the actual dose.  Patches may get more, actually. I think the vet had said to give her 6 mg of benadryl orally, so I assume he would have prescribed at least as much transdermally.  You can try giving her 6 mg (1/4 of an over-the-counter 25 mg pill) orally. It would be ok-- my vet said they can get a whole 25 mg pill for extreme anxiety and recommended I give a whole one to Lucy when we move because she freaks out so much in the car.

I should tell you that even with the benadryl cream Patches does still overgroom, in that the hair never fully grows back on her belly and back legs. But without it she is totally bald there and licks herself raw,  She at least has some hair there on the benadryl and feliway (diffuser plus I spray the edges of the room she hangs out in most every morning and, if I remember, at night).

Amitryptaline seems to be used for a lot of anxiety-caused behavior problems. Maybe it would help with this?
Michelle