-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Karolyn Lount
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:33 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: housing/fostering of FeLV+ cats

Hi, I believe I said I could take one (1) at this time. I was one of the
"Founders " of Island Cat Rescue, 11 yrs. ago. At the present time I am
a member of 2nd Chance Cat Rescue.
All the cats are kept indoors except for the patio that has "Fence In"
around the top of it. I have been taking in Felv+ cats for 13yrs. I have
been a client of Dr.Wong of Blue Cross Pet Hosp., in San Francisco for
22yrs. At times I have used Alameda Pet Hosp, Providence Hosp, both in
Alameda. and I have used Broadway Pet Hosp. in Oakland since they are
open on Sundays. In addition I have taken several cats to Univ. of
Calif., at Davis Vet. College.
All cats get the very best of medical care until the FeLV takes over,
then they are helped over the Rainbow Bridge. When I said I would take a
cat unseen I have done this for yrs. Some one would call me about a
FeLV+ cat that needed a home. I didn't care if it was young/old,
cute/ugly shy,etc. It was a FeLV cat that need a home. If I had room I
would say yes. I would even get calls from well known rescue groups. I
will only take one at a time as it is only fair to the cats that I now
have and the new cat. The lady that comes to help once a week is a
retired "Head Officer" from the city of Alameda Animal Control. Since I
am an older lady plans have been made in a Trust for the cats when I
pass on. If you want any more info. please do give me a call at 510 522
4762. FeLV cats have a right to live and not be "Put Down" I now have
one that is 11yrs old. She may very well be a carrier.