Shelia,

You have my prayers.  If Buck does pass, try to be happy for him, and don't blame yourself.  Some animals and people prefer to be together always through all things.

I knew two people who were friends as toddlers, grew into adulthood, married, lived together for 65 years and died within two hours of one another.  The woman had cancer and developed pneumonia, she had to be hospitalized .....her husband had a heart attack the day after she was admitted to the hospital.  His son was with the father when he passed, his last words, "go be with your sister," who was with the mother in a hospital 45 miles away.  Meanwhile while the son was in-route, the mother smiled, took her daughter's hand and said, "baby...its time for me to go, Daddy's coming to take me home......." her smile widened, "hey handsome", she whispered, started to sit up, then just slipped away.  The daughter didn't know her father had passed until her brother rushed into the room ten minutes later.

What I'm getting at is, even though it breaks our hearts to loose those we love....for them, there is often such JOY in going home.

How lucky both Buck and Spanky are to call you family & friend!  God bless you all and thank you for giving them a chance at a life with love.  Its people like you who give me hope for the humanity.