Hey Michelle,
The protocol I used with Interferon Omega was 5 days, once a day, then eod for 7 days. I was told to do the full protocol each time it was repeated. Paolo, someone else that may still be monitoring the list that has used IO used it for 5 days only. Michelle Lerner has used it too, but I know she's in the middle of a move and may not be monitoring. I'm sure she posted about her protocol, but I don't remember the specifics, maybe you could find it in the archives? If it were me, and there is no antibiotic that was used before with calicivirus, (I have no experience with it), I start the IO right now. It can't hurt him and it may save him. I wouldn't mess around waiting to see if he gets better, you have it, or at least have access to it, I'd use it. Prayers that everyone feels better soon.
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I phoned the vet to remind myself what time Bramble's appointment was today - just aswell I did as it was booked for next week - so I booked him in and took him today also. The vet had thought he had scratched his nose last week but I felt it was an ulcer he scratched - today they say it now looks like an ulcer and due to his sneezing he most probably has calicivirus again as I said. Got him antibiotics to prevent secondary infection and if he worsens then we start the Interferon Omega again. The protocol here for FIV is the 5 day course then repeated again 2 days later and then every 6 months or when he has symptoms - but then thye repeat the whole course again. Does anyone have experience here of Omega as someone on the FIV group injects one shot every 3 weeks - I'm just wondering if anyone does anything similar as there is the option to try my own protocol - there is just no scientific evidence to back up but there won't be as it is relatively new. All 3 will be carrying calici and so we feel it will be a reoccuring problem - Buddy fought her symptoms off - Minstrel gets a runny nose on occasion and Bramble unfortunately normally comes worse off. He is'nt too bad so far so I pray he manages to fend it off. Michelle, Buddy, Minstrel & Bramble