It has to be given IV to stimulate appetite.
Michelle

In a message dated 8/2/2005 12:08:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Has anyone mentioned valium yet?  I haven't caught up with my emails so forgive me if it has already been mentioned.

Valium has a weird side effect with cats.  It makes them eat like crazy.  The downside is that the cat must be restrained in a carrier because they will hallucinate and perhaps harm themselves.  This is for desperate measures only--obviously.   If it is between life and death, this might be an option.