Hi,
I hope Bramble is feeling somewhat better today.  I don't know if you posted or someone else about your kitty having a hot head and ears with a normal rectal temp..I have a 14 yr old that does this all the time..It is his blood pressure...When it is elevated, his ears are red and his head is really hot...with a normal temp..You might ask about that..
Also, my Bandy is on oxazepam .1ml transdermal twice daily for an appetite stimulant..
Hope this is of some help..
We will keep you and Bramble in our prayers..
Kerry R. and Bandy