Dear Friends,

I mentioned yesterday that Brownie had his surgery and had both his eyes removed.  According to the opthamologist, the eye with severe glaucoma likely caused him constant pain, not unlike migraine pain in humans because the structure of a cat's eye allows pressure from glaucoma to build to much higher levels than in human glaucoma patients.

When I brought him home from the hospital, I took him out of the carrier and laid him in his little bed.  He got out and laid on the floor in front of it and would not get in that bed.  I simply couldn't figure out why (this was long before the flea invasion).  I thought the air conditoner might be bothering him, so I draped a blanket to insure he wouldn't get a draft. He still would not lie in his bed.  I couldn't stand to see him laying on the floor, so I bought him a new bed; rougly the same as his previous bed.  I put him in it and he hasn't moved since!

The absolute only thing I can think of is that he associated that old bed with being in pain.  I couldn't notice any smell or lumpy stuffing or anything.  I washed it and dried it and other cats are using it, but Brownie would have no part of it.  If only he could talk!

Julie

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.