Yes, we DO need something like the FIV article at best friends. Something well
written, and with some facts and studies to back the info up. Sad thing is, no
one
has bothered doing any scientific studies on FELV, so anything we write is just
considered "alternative" or "home remedies" to the veterinary community. What we
REALLY need is funding for real studies, so we can prove that the things we do
HELP.
As far as the scientific and medical community is concerned, there is still NO
treatment for FELV, because there's no proven studies to back anything we say
up. Our
experience doesn't mean anything to anyone, we are not vets, and we are not
scientists, and we are not "official" enough to count for anything. It's SO
frustrating!

Still, it would be good to write out, once and for all, the facts about how most
adult cats develop natural immunity, and how it's not highly contagious, and
about
how short the virus lives outside the host, and any number of the things we DO
know,
for sure, about FELV. I, myself, like you have written the same things over and
over
again, so many times. It IS a stupid waste of time, and you are absolutely
correct,
we DO need to "get it together"!

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://jenn.rescuegroup.org/FELV/FIV/
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Adopt a FELV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html
I collect KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil, a 3 yr old special needs cat who
must
live on a liquid diet for the rest of his life.
Bazil's caretaker collects labels and sends them to KMR, where they add up
until she
earns a free can of formula!
PLEASE save your KMR kitten formula labels for Bazil!

If you use KMR, even just one can, please ask me for the mailing address you
can send
them to, to help feed Bazil!