Don't take O2 too litely...It is a fire hazard..something of the same order of putting gasoline in your car....
We do that every day too...Don't smoke around it...but hopefully you aren't anyway....
Don't leave the tent closed while the animal isn't in it to use the O2...If the concentration of O2 gets very high it can be much more dangerous than it is at a lower mixture which is what is intended to do..just add a small amount to the air...not make it pure O2...and don't seal the carrier too tite..just so the air doesn't breeze through and it should be perfectly safe...
Tad

Gloria Lane wrote:
Oops - sorry, I haven't been keeping up.  I have the carrier now, and  the contact info of the couple who rigged it up (she was on the board  of the humane society, he's an engineer).

If you're near me, you're welcome to it, and I'll drive it part way -  if not email/call them and  they can describe how to rig it up!

One vet tech at the emergency clinic thought I was crazy, said it was  a fire hazard.  I thought for a moment, and said, you're wrong,  it's  used for people in their homes all the time. Why not for animals?

Gloria
Little Rock, Arkansas