I am so sorry for you loss Terri, just know that you and Dan can always find comfort here.
Big warm huggs and head butts
cherie

Terri Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maybe this is what I get for bragging.

Our Big Beautiful Girl, her Daddy's Salome', has left us for the Rainbow Bridge as of 10:15 AM this morning.

She had been doing so well -- was sick only once in her whole life, last summer.  She got over that URI all by herself, without antibiotic.  She stopped eating just about 5 days ago.  No visible reason, but then she started vomiting, and had loose stool.  We finally took her to the vet on Wednesday thinking maybe she had swallowed something that was causing stomach distress.  We checked her for blockage, and ran a blood panel.

X-rays were clear.  Some distension due to gas, but no foreign objects or anything.  However, her white cell count was 8, her kidneys were not functioning to capacity, and her liver was in end stage failure.  We brought home an anti-emitic and amoxi-drops, but she still refused to eat, would not allow force feeding, and vomited up the medication.

This morning, she had bloody diarrhea and bloody urine.  Her Daddy (my husband Dan) finally saw that he needed to end her pain.  Her bottom was all swollen and leaky and her bones were starting to show.  She was looking hollow -- not much of her left when she would make eye contact.

I have a splitting headache.  My husband is weeping, and beating himself up over this, even though we know that she was suffering and is now free from her pains.  Now she is free to romp and play with her sisfurs and her brofurs that have gone before her -- especially her litter-mate Ruthie-Girl, who has been waiting for her sisfur Salome' at the Rainbow Bridge for 9 years.

Whether or not she was truly FeLV+ I don't really know -- but I am grateful that I had the privilege of sharing her life on earth.  I thank God that He entrusted her to our care, and that she saw fit to bring us her baby brofur Travis to taker her place in playing with the soda bottle caps and paper bags.  He is so much liker her already, it's scary.  He's like both of them -- Salome' and Ruthie both.

The furkid photos link in my signature has pictures of her for any of you who don't remember what she looked like, or for those of you who just want to take another look.

To my felvtalk family -- Please add her to the next Candle light service?  I thank God every day that He provided this list.  I don't think I would have gotten through these past 6 years without all of you to fall back on -- in both times of sorrow and in times of joy.

Goodnight, my sweet darling Salome'.......

=^..^= Terri, Siggie the Tomato Vampire, Guinevere, Sammi, Travis, and 6 furangels: RuthieGirl, Samantha, Arielle, Gareth, Alec and Salome' =^..^=

Furkid Photos! http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7sgqa/
My FeLV Site: http://pages.ivillage.com/ruthiegirl1/MyFeLVinformationSite/
My Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/ruthiegirl1/terrispage.html?1083970447350

Have a purrfect day