My friend is panicking in relation to the possible vet costs that could occur with the cat I was asking about - the one who has Hyperthyroid symptoms. I told her to get thyroid liver and kidney function blood work done. She is worried about how much that would cost as she couldn't afford a huge bill.

Does anyone have any idea how much a vet would usually charge for such blood work and maybe thryoid treatment over in USA. She is somewhere in Florida. I am urging her to get to the vet asap as this kittie is in desperate need of blood work. I can't do much from the UK but she is just trying antibiotics without veterinary input at the moment which concerns me.

Michelle, Minstrel, Buddy & Angel Bramble