Just some thoughts.  Leave the door cracked all the time, not just at night.
Do not wash the bed again.  It needs to smell like a safe spot.  Besides, my
cats just don't like the scents added to laundry detergent, fabric
softeners, cat litter etc.  You may want to spray Feliway around the area
outside the door.  You may also want to talk to an animal communicator.  My
bet is the AC will give you a message something like this  "she will tell
you how very grateful the little soul is but that she is an adult, not a
baby, and very capable of taking care of herself and making her decisions
and that she is thinking about coming back to you now that she has exerted
her independence.  The cat, like so many of mine, is teaching you a hard
lesson.....how to love without possessing."  Keep your heart open and know
that you are doing all you can for this beautiful soul.  If you do this, she
may allow you to do more.  Realize that she is allowing it and paying you
great honor by doing so.  The Royal Princess Kitty has not been feral for 12
years or so.........that does not stop her from sneaking out or wanting out
every so often.

Re the cat bite.  A feral did that to me.  Ripped the fingernail out and
broke the finger (she wighted 3-4 pounds soaking wet).  The hand surgeons
had a great time once I convinced them what really did happen.  I wad
emergency treatment within 15 minutes of the bite and still had to have a
second surgery.  All of this is ok.  The cat appeared fine the last time she
came to eat (here they disappear for long periods of time then remember
where there is easy food when the hunting is hard).  I mention this to
encourage anyone bitten by a cat to watch the wound very carefully and seek
medical help if at all possible.  I've been advised that bacteria can remain
in the very well tended wound and flare up months, even years, later.
Frankly, I am rather proud of the fact the cat had the guts to fight against
such odds.  Her spirit will serve her well.