Julie, I am so sorry.  How wonderful that you have some good tiimes to remember even as she neared the end.  I know what you mean when you say "empty" and my thoughts are with you and with her.

Julie Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Friends,

Mandy is gone.  She was not doing well Tuesday night (bleeding from the mouth and unable to eat) and I made the decision to end her suffering.  I called my husband and he left work right away to come home.  We held her and stroked her and ultimately she began to purr.  She never cared to be held; she liked to pick the spot and sit ON you, but she did curl up in her blanket and let us hold her.  We were with her and holding her and talking softly to her and she had one paw curled over my finger when she left us.

It's been so empty the last two nights without my little reading partner; she always liked to sit on the bed with her upper body across my arm and her paws on my shoulder while I read at night.  Since she became sick, she wanted to be with me all the time and she'd been reading with me every night for weeks.

I keep thinking back to our trip to the oncologist; only last week and it seems forever ago.  Even though the news for Mandy was not good, we had a lovely day and I am so grateful for it.  She and Wink snoozed the whole way home.  They were all curled up together on their faux mink and listening to their special pet music.  I kept turning back to look at them and it was so peaceful and loving.  We stopped where I work to feed my feral colony and I took the carrier out of the car and set it on the ground while I fed; Mandy trotted right to the front and began to "meow" to Depot Charlie!  She was such a little talker and he looked so puzzled!  I'm happy they were able to "meet".

Thank you all for being here and for your good thoughts and wishes; I'd be completely lost without you during this year of terrible losses.  I have to try and concentrate on how fortunate we were to have shared her short life.  I miss her; we had our morning routine of putting the ingredients in the food processor and she'd "talk" to me once the whirr of the blade sounded.  These last two mornings have been empty, as well.  You are the only ones who understand the huge hole in our home despite the joy of our other cats.

Love, Julie

"I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is
to protection by man from the cruelty of man. "

by the way its animals are treated."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

Paws Come WITH Claws!!!

If you're thinking about de-clawing your cat, you need to re-think your decision to acquire a pet.