Nina,

Yes, it is not approved here, www.viragen.com (the manufacturers site tells you where and what it is approved for. There is a company in the US who makes another brand of natural interferon but they don't sell it at all and it is only available for clinical trials. At least that's what their website said.

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: Importation of drugs

Gary,
The reason importing the Feline Interferon Omega is such a hassle is because it's not approved for use by the FDA. The Human Interferon A is approved and therefore easier to obtain. Do you know for a fact that the Multiferon is not approved? Nina

gary wrote:

Hi Wendy,

Personal use means used on yourself, not your kitties. I believe for personal use you have to fill out paperwork telling them what condition you have. Apparently, there is a procedure for importing for use on animals as several people are importing feline interferon omega. I would guess the procedure would be the same for importing the natural human interferon for animal use.

Gary

This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
http://www.nod32.com