Hills has a prescription liver diet called L/D.  Lucy actually gets it combined with K/D right now because her bladder stone was ammonia urate and this is the diet they recommend to try to keep it from coming back.  I generally don't like Hills because they put a lot of crap in their food (by-products and such), but if you really think he has liver problems you might want to try it. I do use Hills when a prescription diet is actually needed.

IVD, another prescription food company, tends to put better ingredients in their food, and you can also get it online without a prescription. They might have a liver formula as well.

A very good supplement for liver health is SAMe, which you can buy in the health food stores.  Vets sell a version of SAMe called Denasyl, which they prescribe specifically for cats with liver failure, but all it is is SAMe and it is more expensive. I am not sure of the SAMe dosage for a cat, but you could look up Denasyl online and see how much SAMe is in each pill.

Michelle