Yes, it is very common when feeding cats a vegan diet, that they get UTI's as a
result of an improper PH balance. Vegancats.com therefore sells a product
called "Enzymes PH" which helps and I think is great for any cat vegan or not
that suffers w. UTI issues. If anyone's interested in the supplements they
sell, they have a few good ones, ur cat doesn't have to be vegan to use them.
lol. check them out...

http://vegancats.com/pages/1153/Dietary_Supplements.htm

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your doggies. My heart aches for you. I
would be the same.

I feed my dogs Evolution vegan dog food canned and kibble. they LOVE it. And
they are extremely healthy, in fact, in comparison to a lot of other pugs we
know (i belong to a pug group on LI) they have exceptionally beautiful coats
and are in good shape, whereas many pugs are overweight and have skin problems
that we know. I tried once to switch them to another food, but Lucy's stomach
did not do well on it. So, Evolution it is. Plus carrots, brussels sprouts, mr
barkey's and mr pugsley's treats. lol.

Thanks for sharing!
-Rebecca