i always ask them if they're ready to go, and try really hard to
listen to THEM, and not my own need to keep trying to help..... i tell
them to tell me when it's time; i pay great attention to whether they
accept or fight treatment (fluids, force-feeding).... i let them be by
themselves if that's what they need (tho it kills me to do so; when
someone wants to be off on their own, i just make sure they're
comfortable, and keep coming by to check. one other thing that i do is
to tell them, out loud, that they can leave when it's their time, that
i'll be okay, that they don't need to stay for me....

the most valuable thing i've ever been told is that it's better to
send them home one day too early than 5 minutes too late....

MC

--
MaryChristine

AIM / YAHOO: TenHouseCats