Hi, Erin, I had sent a message to FIV yahoo group.. one of my cats were tested positive for FIV Elisa test and tested negative again for Western blot test –I wanted to share with you because false positive of FIV happened to 3 of 7 cats I have in the past now… so, if you haven’t already, you might want to confirm the result with WB, too.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of erin moody
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:57 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: I have a cat with FIV

So is the vaccination done with feline leukemia?  So far every vet a called was helpful but swore that there is no vaccination to prevent FIV.  The term VX was used, is that the vaccination?  3 out of 5 places I called told me to bring the cat in because it was hazardous to my other cats health.  I would assume vets would know more about FIV then me, but obviously the don't. I am so glad I took Fingers in, if someone else had I could only imagine the outcome.  Erin