Dear Hideyo
The check went in the mail tonight-- hopefully it will get to you before the
next USPS holiday starts!
Your case sure has got some interesting discussion started. I would love to
see declawing banned in every state. I'd never heard of such a thing till I
came here. Shame on vets who agree to it. I wonder how one gets the ban ball
rolling? Do you find a sympathetic legislator and lobby them? I've never
done anything like this but I'd be interested in trying to get it banned in
IL.
Also HSUS: I really just got to hear about them recently and their website
makes them seem like they have their act together. Interesting to hear it
from the other side. So frustrating to hear Michelle's story--especially as
she's offering her volunteer services. There's really no excuse for not
contacting her. Seems like someone dropped the ball. There are people like
that everywhere. (The director of the shelter that asked me to foster Pookie
never gets back to me when I call to say i need more fluids (and she is the
point of contact; it's not like she asked me to contact anyone else)--I
typically have to contact her 3 times. I think it's pretty stupid behaving
like that considering how hard it is for them to find fosterers in the first
place. Plus, you can't mess around with fluids. You need them when you need
them.
Ok, I've put the soapbox away!
Good luck Hideyo. And good luck Michelle with HSUS. They're crazy not to
have been in touch. Hopefully for the animals' sake they'll be in touch
soon.
Kerry