It is very easy to do the sub q's but get your vet to show you. And they do not appear to feel a thing (honest). ----- Original Message ----- From: "wendy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: Need your help with Stretch

Thanks Tonya.  I think I will go that route if I don't
see an improvement in eating/drinking very soon.  It's
a little scary though.  I've never stuck a needle into
another living being, unless you count getting
splinters out, so I am a bit nervous about trying
this.  Do you give the cat the whole bag?  And where
and how do you stick the needle?

Thanks,
Wendy

--- catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wendy,

  The fluid is already in the bags you buy.  You
don't fill them yourselves.  I don't know what all
is in them.  I suppose electrolytes, fluids, maybe
potassium?  If you've got a decent vet a bag of
fluid and the set up for sub q should be less than
$10.

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hey Michelle,

I can't imagine how you felt with them telling you
pay up front while you're holding your sick cat!
That
just sounds bad! I just started working a second
job,
so as soon as we get any money at all, then I will
probably take Stretch in for the tests and if
affordable, to get X-rays, and the fluid drained. Do
X-rays show cancer tumors and/or fluid? Also, how
often do you give the dex/depo shot (if it is
lymphoma)? I could not really tell if the dex shot
helped much. Stretch isn't breathing as heavily as
she was, but her breathing is still somewhat
labored.
Also, where do you get the bags and needles to do
sub-Q fluids? Is there anything else I need to do
sub-Q? Do you just use water?

Thanks,
Wendy

Yahoo! DSL - Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com