Wendy,

In the meantime, if I were you I would syringe some pedialyte into Stretch.  In fact, I don't think it would hurt just to pour some into the water dishes so he might get some that way.  The main advantage of the sub-q is it has the electrolytes.  Pedialyte has those too.  The other advantage is you can force the fluids with the sub-q.  It would take a lot of syringing to syringe that much pedialyte into stretch, but any bit would help I'm sure.

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you Hideyo. I might need your help. I am
waiting for an email for Terrence. He emailed me this
morning and said the Rx never came, so I called the
vet and the tech said that the doctor never keeps an
Rx pad, so he couldn't write the Rx. All he could do
is sign off if the company faxes them the order.
(They could have just told me that yesterday!) So I
emailed the company back and told them that's the only
way the doc would sign off and I'm waiting to hear if
the company will fax them. If they don't, I'll have
to cancel the order.

On a positive note, when I got off work last night, I
took some tuna in to Stretch (and the other kitties of
course), and Stretch ate ALL that I had put on her
plate (probably a 3rd of a can), and then she went to
the food bowl, and started eating dry food! I was so
excited. Her labored breathing seems to be decreasing
a little each day, so maybe it's possible that she did
have pneumonia. I don't know. I just always
associate pneumonia with coughing and runny nose,
etc., but Stretch didn't have any of that. So we are
very hopeful now, and happy. Thanks to all of you
guys who prayed for Stretch to recover. We really
appreciate it! Maybe by Monday, we'll see a complete
turn around!

:)
Wendy

--- Hideyo Yamamoto