Unlike with humans, most anemia in cats is not related to poor iron absorption. Most cats with anemia are absorbing enough iron but having trouble with their bone marrow or their kidneys or their spleen.  While feeding some liver should not hurt (though be careful because cats can get vitamin A poisoning from too much liver), I do not think it will help the anemia itself. If the anemia is from cancer in the bone marrow, probably only steroids and/or chemo will help. If it is from kidney disfunction, you probably need to use Epogen. If it is bacteria, an antibiotic.

If you are looking for natural solutions, look at the articles on Immuno-Regulin on this group's website. It is a bacteria that gets injected IV and stimulates the immune system. Some of us on the group have used it and found it very effective at helping cats get over respiratory infections and boosting low white blood cell counts. While none of us have used it for anemia yet, the articles suggest it is helpful sometimes with positive cats who are anemic.  You can order it online without a prescription if your vet does not carry it, from Revival Animal Health, but a vet or vet tech has to give it because it needs to be given intravenously (though one person on this list said she had success giving it subcutaneously).

Michelle