Thanks for all the info. If that is true about stress making the ph higher, then that could be an explanation with Patches. Her teeth are hurting her terribly (so much she is on narcotic shots twice a day until her dental surgery on Wednesday).  I thought it was just a bad coincidence that she developed the urinary tract problem at the same time as her teeth getting really painful, but maybe the pain from her teeth stressed her so much it caused her urine ph to go up.

Anyway, we are off on our raw adventure. I hope we have good luck with it.  I was nervous about feeding raw because they are FeLV+ and some people who feed raw say not to feed it to cats who are immune-compromised.  But a holistic vet answered someone else's question about this on the Best Friends website and said it is ok and probably immune enhancing, so I am trying it. Is Benjamin FeLV+? If not, do you feed raw to your FeLV+ cat/s?

Michelle