Belinda,

The only thing I can think of that she meant is that he's so anemic he's got low blood pressure?  I'm just getting online so I'm hoping you had some good news when you got the blood work.

tonya

Belinda Sauro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
     Bailey's number is holding at 18%, but there is something else going on that has me in a total panic.  He has hypotension, his blood pressure is too low.  When the vet checked his blood pressure which should be done when a kitty is getting Epogen, because epo can raise their blood pressure, his was way low.  Normal is in the 90 and at the vet's cat's are usually in the 160 to 180 range because of the stress of being there, Bailey's was 88.  My vet has no clue why this would be, she said the only thing she knows of that causes low blood pressure is low blood volume, I wish I had asked her what that meant (I'm thinking a bleed somewhere, obviously a slow one), anyone ever heard of this or have any experience with it.  I feel like Bailey is slipping away and since we can't figure out what is wrong we can't save him.  I should get the results for his blood work today, but this low pressure is teh big problem now.  My vet is going to research it since this shouldn't be happening.  The little I could find said this usually happens before kitties go into shock ...

Bailey is getting weaker and weaker, and I feel helpless since we don't know what to do for him, he sleeps 24/7.  Syringing is maintaining his weight but ...

Please if you have any clue or have heard of or dealt with this, any information would be appreciated.  Any one that has a good enough relationship with there vet and maybe could ask if they have ever dealt with this please ask them, my vet hasn't said it out loud, but I know she is worried.
--    Belinda  Happiness is being owned by cats ...    Be-Mi-Kitties ...  http://www.bemikitties.com    Post Adoptable FeLV/FIV/FIP Cats/Kittens  http://adopt.bemikitties.com    FeLV Candle Light Service  http://www.bemikitties.com/cls    HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)  http://HostDesign4U.com    -----------    BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)  http://bmk.bemikitties.com