Hi All,
Well Bailey's results today show all organ functions are normal, all bloodwork except amylase is normal (it is high but not high enough at this point to be concerned) and his HCT is up to 27%, getting close to normal, so even though his anemia is getting better he is not ... He is still physically deteriorating. His muscle mass is all but gone, he still sleeps 24/7, we did finally clear up the diarrhea, and he is a bit wobbly in the back end when he walks. I can see the wasting getting worse daily.

We are going to do an Xray of his lungs to see if there are any enlarged
lymph nodes or tumors we are missing, something is going on that we are
missing. I feel there is cancer somewhere and we aren't finding it, every cat I have had or known with cancer had this muscle wasting happen.

We were going to try leukeran, but my vet talked with Dr. Lappin DVM a
FeLV expert and he said it won't do any good in his opinion, he said our
best bet is to add anabolic steriods, which are hard to get because these are the steriods that athletes abuse. She is going to try and get some. She printed me out some information and it say's that some FeLV positives that are anemic and preleukemia can turn actively leukemic very quickly, in a matter of months or even weeks. This is one possibility of why even though the anemia seems to be turning around, Bailey is getting worse. If we find this is the case, I am going to ask to do chemo along with the steriods, I know the prognosis isn't good but the steriods will only take care of the muscle wasting and I want to attack the cancer if that is what we have also. The only way to determine if this has happened for a fact is to do another bone marrow aspirate but since it isn't going to change the way we treat we decided that was unnecessary, it isn't going to change what we do so I see no reason to put him through that again and neither does the vet.

Lots of prayers, positive energy and anything else needed, thanks everyone.

--
Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com