Belinda I put a copy of most of your e mail to my vet, and here is a anwser, please see below. deleting a few bit here and there, I have all ready change my vet once, and my new vet is being as helpfull as she can. she is German, and we do not have so much trouble with the langue

My answers in negrita

 To: Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:28 AM
 Subject: Tabbs please comments

Hi Victoria, I am still thinking of calling you out to day for Tabbs to be put to sleep, but I am a little confused by the information I have just recievce from one of the groups members, and would like you to put my mind at rest regarding the treatment, Tabbs has has. I would hate to think that we have missed someting that would have helped him. please comment and advise me, that we have not missed any thing. especially as I have to make a decision very soon. I would be grateful if you would read the text below, which I have copyed from a e mail to me.

 PS forgive me  for questioning  the treament

         Hi Sandra,
     My Bailey is FeLV+ and is anemic, his kidney's are perfect in fact
 all of his organs are in great shape.

 His anemia is due directly to the FeLV virus replicating in the bone
 marrow, and preventing the bone marrow from producing the red cells.  He
 is diagnosed with myeloid dysplastic anemia which we found by doing the
 bone marrow aspirate.  Bailey's HCT was 19%
 (regenerative or non regenerative??) when we got his bloodwork
 results on January 3rd, we started the epogen on January 6th and his HCT
 went down to 15% in a few weeks, but was at 23% when we last checked it
 on Feburary 5th, this is a direct result from using the epogen, Bailey's
 HCT was continually going down, and I am positive without the epogen he
 wouldn not be alive today.  Epogen can take up to 3 weeks to start
 working and in the meantime the HCT can and in many cases does go lower
 as it did with Bailey.  You need to get your vet to try the epogen or
 get it yourself, it isn't that expensive atleast here in the US.  The
 vial I got was about $300.00 but should last me 4 months.

 Please if you haven't already done so join the anemia group they are an
 excellent resource for this and can help with the dose strength if you
 do decide to try the epogen.  My vet uses a larger strength than most
 vets do, but it is the same dose wise.  Most vets perscribe the 2000IU
 strength which I think averages 3 or 5 doses, cost averages between $28
 to $32 dollars, mine was the 10000IU strength X2 which was 300.00
 (although the pharmacy made a mistake and it wil cost me $330.00 for my
 next vial), they gave it to me at their misquoted price this last time.

 Honestly if his kidney's are fine and he has been checked for internal
 bleeding and for hemobart (even if he tested negative for the hemobart
 he may still have it, it is VERY tricky to find and if it were me I
 would put him on doxycycline for 21 days just to be on the safe side)

We make a PCR of haemobartonella that is 99% of security, not an extended of blood. LIKE WE SPOKE BEFORE, an extended is not secure because it can be that we found not the haemobartonella-

 then I would do the bone marrow aspirate to find out exactly what is
 causing the anemia, there are so many things that can cause it.

¿?, is Belinda a vet??. We descarted, haemobartonella, kidneys, and is sure that is the bone narrow.

 Bailey was 5 months old when I found him and tested FeLV+ then, so he
 has been positive most of his life, he is 10 years old now.  He has been
 healthy up until last year when we had teeth problems and now this
 anemia so we have been pretty lucky.

So Sandra, like we spoke before: I have no chance to find eritropoyetina in my vet. If you have the possibility, we can try this treatment; but you must to know that can be that is no answer from the bone narrow. Another thing to ask belinda, is what kind of anemie had in the past baileys, because Now Tabs is 11 % of hematocrito and no regenerative anemie.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cat-sculptures.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It has removed 1092 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!