This is going to sound kind of gross, so stop reading now if you're squeamish . . .

If you're worried about the kittens being too young fron Advantage, but they have fleas, you might try to just kill the feals manually.  If the cat is light-colored, they're much easier to see.  Get a cheap pair of tweezers (not the same ones you use on your brows--eww) and crush the fleas between them.  They like to hide on the face, especially.

This is not exactly a very effective method of flea control, but it would help until the kitten gets a few weeks older and you feel safer about using Advantage.  Yes, it is time-consuming, and it is not for the squeamish, but it could buy you a couple weeks.  (I'd also BOLO for tapeworms.  Where there are fleas, there are likely to be tapeworms.)

And, no, Bella does not now have nor has she ever had fleas (since she's always inside and I keep her on Frontline as a preventive measure), but when I was growing up, my best friend's cat had a litter of kittens 1-2 times per year, and since the mama cat was indoor/outdoor, she brought fleas to the kittens. (This was before Bob Barker began urging folks to spay and neuter their pets.)  Katherine and I used to pick fleas off the kittens.  (We tried just picking them off at first and drowning them, but those vermin would not die, so we got the tweezer idea.  It's amazing the stuff a 10-year-old can dream up.  It worked, though.)

~Ashleigh

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks, Karen - what about kittens that are 8-10 weeks?

Gloria