My FIV cats have always been pretty affection and mellow.  But then so are my non-FIV cats.  I do think that, as tomcats go, the ones who aren't all that into fighting are more inclined to get beaten up and get FIV.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
We've got an FIV guy here...the sweetest, most laid back little dude
I've ever met! I didn't know much about FIV other than it was pretty
hard to spread it and that cats can live relatively normal lives with
the virus. But what really set me straight was the attitude of my vet
who basically said, "No big deal, I've got one at my house who mingles
with all of my other cats!" As much as I knew in my heart it was no big
deal, it really gave me a peace of mind hearing it from an "expert,"
so-to-speak! :)

Education is probably the key, and having more vets out there to dispel
the "myths" would certainly come in handy (and this goes for FeLV, too)!

As an aside, is it true that FIV cats seem to be some of the coolest
cats around, or is it just me? ;)

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." --Blade Runner